First of all, who doesn’t love taquitos?! This is a recipe that will feed a lot of people, and leave everyone with a happy, full belly!
The slowly cooked chicken that simmers to perfection with the wonderful cream cheese…trust me, you will definitely be going back for seconds!
They are also super easy to take with you! Need dinner on the go? These are perfect to have on hand!
- 2 Uncooked chicken breasts
- 1 Packet taco seasoning
- 7 oz Cream cheese, cubes
- 1/4 CUP Water
- 1 1/2 CUPS Shredded cheddar cheese
- Taco-sized flour tortillas
- Place chicken breasts in a 2-3 quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with taco seasoning, add cream cheese cubes, and water.
- Cover and cook for 6-8 hours on low, or for 4-6 hours on high.
- Unplug the Crock-Pot. With two forks, shred the chicken in the Crock-Pot, add cheddar cheese, and stir to evenly coat the chicken.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Then spoon shredded chicken into the center of the flour tortillas.
- Roll tightly, and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Spray generously with olive oil spray.
- Cook in preheated oven for 8-12 minutes, or until tortillas are crisp.