Slow Cooker Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken? It will impress everyone at the dinner table — including the picky eaters! This recipe is simple, delicious and surprisingly nutritious.
Here’s how to make Slow Cooker Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken:
- 4 chicken thighs (bone-in and skin on)
- 2 cups pineapple cut into 1″ chunks
- 1 yellow onion, cut into 1″ chunks
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, optional
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1″ chunks
- parsley, for garnish
- Using a skillet or the cast aluminum slow cooker insert, brown your chicken thighs on both sides for 3-5 minutes over high heat then remove them from the slow cooker.
- Add the pineapple and onion to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Mix the honey, soy sauce, brown sugar, grated ginger and garlic into the slow cooker.
- Carefully add the chicken thighs back into the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 5 hours or on high for 3 hours
- Add the cornstarch to a tablespoon of water, mix, and add to the slow cooker with the bell peppers and let it cook an additional 30 minutes while you cook some rice to accompany your meal.
- Serve with parsley for a garnish if desired.
Recipe by Dinner Then Dessert.