HOW TO MAKE BROWN SUGAR BACON-WRAPPED KIELBASA BITES
Cook time: 40 minutes
Yields: 30 pieces
- 1 lb. polish kielbasa sausage
- 10 slices bacon
- 1 1/2 Cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 Tbs stone-ground mustard
- 3 Tbs white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs black pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and top with a baking/cooling rack. Lightly spray the rack with non-stick spray.
- Cut kielbasa done the middle, lengthwise. Slice each half into 1 inch pieces, you should have about 30 pieces of kielbasa. Cut each piece of bacon into thirds. Wrap one bacon strip around each piece of kielbasa and secure with a toothpick. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, vinegar, mustard and pepper. Heat over medium, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is dissolved. Keep warm on low.
- Brush the kielbasa with glaze and place on the baking sheet/rack. Bake for 40 minutes and baste every 15 minutes. Serve immediately.