BACON MEATBALLS stuffed with CHEESE – You know you will have to try and make these just by reading the title.
- 500 gr minced meat
- 1 egg
- crumbled rusk
- 20 mozarella salade balls
- 20 slices of bacon
- 2 tablespoons BBQ dry rub (use Don Marc’s Pig Wings)
- BBQ Sauce
Now that you’ve got what it takes to make this happen… get down to business!
- Mix the, egg. minced meat, crumbled rusk and dry rub into your favorite bowl.
- Mix until you have a smooth mixture. Don’t be afraid to get those hands messy. It’ll be worth it. Trust me.
- Take bit of the minced meat and flatten it in your hand. Place a ball of mozzarella cheese in the middle of it, and form it into a ball around the cheese.
- Roll it in the palm of your hand until the surface becomes smooth, maybe a little larger than a golf ball.
- Roll the meatball in a slice of bacon. To activate “hard-core” mode, use several pieces of bacon in a weave around each ball. If there are any strips of bacon left over… just cook those up as well. Why not, right?
- Smoke the meatballs in the barbecue (if you’re the real deal), or in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Let the magic take over for about 15- 20 minutes.
- Brush on some BBQ sauce and let it sit on the barbecue for another 5 minutes to finalize this masterpiece.
- Enjoy these bacon balls with a cold beer. Do not share.
Amazing job and thanks to Pitmaster X for their creation.
By Pitmaster X